Thursday 10 October 2013

Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64 RTM - First Look (Part 1)

Microsoft has released the Windows 8.1 Enterprise edition and I have upgraded my laptop to Windows 8.1
Enterprise edition.  From the first glance, I hardly see any different between Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 however when I to navigate around and I started to see few useful updates/changes on Windows 8.1.  The following is the Windows 8.1 Start screen or Tiles, can you spot the any change? :)


Notice the down arrow icon at the left lower corner?  When you move your mouse, it will appear on screen, click on it to bring up the Apps screen


To switch to the Windows 8.1 Start or Tiles screen, simply click on the up arrow icon at the left lower corner


Windows 8.1 has added the arrangement of Apps on your computer and you may not arrange it by name, date installed, most used and by category which allow us to arrange your apps accordingly


The following snapshot shows Apps arrange by date installed


Apps arrange by most used, I like this arrangement the most :)


Apps arrange by category 


There are other new for example the below snapshots show the Help Tip meant for Windows 8.1 first time user :)







I will share more about Windows 8.1 soon, stay tuned :)






No comments:

Post a Comment